Substitute Teacher: Substitute teacher is responsible for providing classroom instruction (individual and whole group), monitoring student work, supervising students, preparing materials and maintaining classroom management in the absence of the teacher. Substitute teacher will also assist therapist(s) in providing extra support to students with special needs; promoting maximum academic and personal growth. The ability to work cooperatively, to lead, and to follow are competencies that are beneficial in this capacity.
- Professional Practices:
- Follow professional practices consistent with school policies in working with students, student records, parents, and colleagues.
- Demonstrate punctuality and flexibility.
- Take precautions to protect records, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain student confidentiality.
- Interact in a professional manner with students and parents.
- Cooperate with the staff and support the development of activities and goals of the school.
- Assume responsibility for supervising students in out-of-class settings.
- Ensure safe travel of students within the school environment and on study trips.
- Educational Level: Bachelor Degree required; a major in specific content area posted is a plus.
- License and Certification Qualifications: Possession of a valid or expired professional teaching certificate (or letter of eligibility of same).
- Experience Qualifications: Previous successful teaching experience or substitute teaching experience preferred.
- Hours: 8:00 – 3:00
- Compensation: $175 a day
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org